Sunday 28 December 2014

New brand on the scene: Delilah Cosmetics

Delilah is a new British brand launched this year, created by three friends in the beauty industry (makeup artist, beauty buyer and photographer).

I've seen few reviews of the products however when I looked at their website I was immediately drawn to the colour palette of wearable, everyday shades. The range has a boutique style about it and the packaging comes in eye catching metal containers, some with rose gold accents.
I immediately put the brand on my Christmas wish list so was delighted when my mother bought me a few items.

First up of the three blushers in the range I got Lullaby (£26). Its a pigmented pink with a hint of warmth and matte/satin finish.

It has a lightweight, silky texture and lasts the whole day with only very little colour fade. Though the colour is not necessarily unique it just applies so beautifully on the skin with no need for blending, it really is a pleasure to use.

Ingredients:

From the eyeshadows (which are available in matte or shimmer finishes) I got Flamingo (£20). Its a shimmery, slightly icy champagne peach.

It has a lightweight, smooth, creamy texture. Its not powdery in the least and there is no fall out. It applies really well, non drying nor patchy and is easy to blend and layer.

Its a lovey brightening shade to freshen up a look.

Ingredients:

Lastly from the Colour Intense, Cream Lipsticks (£24 each), I got shades, Hush and Honesty.

Hush is a warm rosy shade and Honesty is a purple/mauve, the pigment level is intense and both shades have a very long wear time.


The lipsticks have a creamy formulation with a velvet feel and silky matte finish. I don't find these hydrating though they don't accentuate dry areas.

Ingredients:

I have to say I'm very impressed, the range has that luxurious feel to it with a high quality performance. I really like the idea of a range of easy to wear, classic shades (rather than following changes in fashions/trends) that creates a subtle and understated beauty. 

My mother bought me these from www.delilahcosmetics.com (unfortunately availability is limited, at the moment they seem only available in certain hotels/spas and their online site, my mother said the online order came very quickly and was well packaged.).


14 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really lovely company! I can't believe that I haven't heard of them before! Heading on over to their site now....

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get excited when a new brand comes along,especially when its such as a success as this one, I'm already putting together a list of other products I want to get :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Clare, thanks for putting a new brand on my radar! Everything looks lovely and well-made. I hope it'll be easier for consumers outside of the UK to lay their hands on the brand soon. I just checked their site, and a 20 GBP flat-rate shipping is a little out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a bit steep, unless you could get someone to do a joint order with you? Postage can be off putting, I got charged over £20 postage from the Fresh store in London once (I'm only about an hour drive away from there), suffice to say I don't order Fresh products anymore!
      I'm thinking that as more people try Delilah and rate it that they will become more available and perhaps have different shipping rates for their customers outside the UK, as its a brand no to be missed I think :)

      Delete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for new brands! This one sounds nice, so hopefully I can get an order delivered over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really impressed, just loving how the blusher applies so will order the more peachy one next, their stick concealer is meant to be really good as well, am sure I'll build up quite a list, will be interested in your thoughts if you do pick anything up :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you Clare... lovely reviews, and delighted that you are impressed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so happy to have come across your brand and will be ordering more soon :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice of you putting this post Clare. I surely check out these brands. Thanks much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear Clare! The pink blush is very interesting, I'd like to try this brand too! Thanks for sharing your experience =)
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share :) It is lovely, there is a more peachy/coral one I think I'll get next x

      Delete
  7. It is always so exciting to discover a new beauty brand that makes awesome products. I love your picks, everything looks so wearable. That pink blush is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is something really nice about trying a new brand, unchartered territory and all that :) Hope you enjoyed your trip :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin