Sunday 30 November 2014

Dior Golden Shock Holiday 2014: Diorific Golden Shock Colour Lip Duo in Enchanting Shock

I bought just one product for this year's holiday offerings from Dior. From all the reviews I've seen, the collection seems to have been a let down for many in terms of performance.

The Golden Shock collection brings us the same gold vintage packaging we have seen before, somewhat stagnant and I would have liked to see something new.

The Diorific lipstick's this year are made up of two sides, one side is velvet matte and the other is shimmery/metallic.

The matte side is true to the normal Diorific formula, the colours are rich, offering good coverage and a long wear time. The shimmery sides are a lot lighter in pigment, with most seeming to contain a golden shimmer. They feel slightly lighter than the matte side.

I went for the second lightest shade, Enchanting Shock (£29), it contains a peach/coral and then a much sheerer golden peach.

I like the idea of having the choice of a pure colour or sheer shimmery shade or a combination of the two. However, this particular shade doesn't quite work as when the two colours are paired together the change is not that distinguishable, as you can see in my swatch below.
Swatched: Both shades separate and then combined on the right.

Perhaps its because the lighter shade is a watered down version of the saturated shade and there needs to be more contrast, but ultimately whilst its quite a nice shade its not as versatile as I had hoped.

I bought this from Boots.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Clare, while I haven't tried any of these, I'm with you: Dior should step up their game instead of sticking to a winning formula, as after 3 years in a row, it's just not that exciting anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm hoping that things might change a bit with the imagery for future collections now they have Peter Philips :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post...really very useful! You have a lovely blog...following you now! Follow back if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing this product every time I go to sephora. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Its a nice shade/formula, though I don't think a must have, there was a berry one I also had my eye on though :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin