Sunday 14 September 2014

Chantecaille Fall 2014: Fairy Moss Hydra Chic Lipstick & Cheek Shade Bliss

This years Fall collection from Chantecaille looked like a sophisticated array of wearable warm neutrals, the colours kept soft and simple.

Fairy Moss (£30) is my first Hydra Chic lipstick. Its very creamy with a slightly heavy feel and has very good coverage.
Though is feels quite moisturising this particular shade highlights lip lines and I can't attest to its claimed "6 hours of wear" as find this no longer lasting than an average lipstick.

The finish is a satin matte, I was expecting a rose/pink nude so was surprised by just how beige this is. It swatches better than it applies on the lips for me, as I just get a flat beige.

Ingredients:

For cheeks we have Bliss (£32), its embossed with the signature Chantecaille rose (in celebration of their 15-year anniversary).

Described as a sheer petal pink, on me its a warm dusty pink. Though seemingly matte it does have a glow about it once applied. It has a smooth, lightweight texture, it applies reasonably well (though not seamlessly) and lasts about 4/5 hours before I get heavy fading. I would say that this has a dryer feel than my other Chantecaille blushers.

Ingredients:

You can probably tell that there is not any love going on here and though I was eyeing up the eyeshadow palette from the collection, I've decided to give it a miss due to how these products have failed to wow me.
I use to be heavily into Chantecaille (I had much more of the range before I started blogging), it was always a nice indulgent luxury, who's quality was worthy of the price, however I have felt that certain formula's have changed over the years and the brands not quite at it's peak as it once was.

I bought these from http://uk.spacenk.com

15 comments:

  1. Ouch ouch ouch, I'm so sorry to hear these aren't that great! I only own one Chantecaille item (the concealer stick), and I regret the purchase to no end. It is so overpriced with so little coverage. I think that has kind of put me off the brand altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had quite a few of their base products and they are very sheer and not really buildable, I can see why it would put you off given the price :)

      Delete
  2. I got the same products from the collection and I wasn't blown away... plus, they came with such little product! For my first chantecaille purchases, I felt kinda ripped off :/

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they don't quite hit the mark and your right about the small amount of product.

      Delete
  3. Too bad they don't live up to expectations Clare, to have to pay such prices and get so so products. :( that blush looks pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush is pretty in the pan, not as great on my skin though, it is a shame as most of the the reviews I have seen have been really positive.

      Delete
  4. I agree. I have been totally disappointed with Chantecaille lately, especially the lipsticks. The last good purchase for me was the Coral Reef palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that certain things have changed, there are a lot of other quality brands now of the same price or lower that rival/exceed Chantecaille now.

      Delete
  5. For these prices, you need to be blown away, you know?! Arg. How frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, to think what other lovely things I could have spent the money on,ack!

      Delete
  6. Sorry about your disappointing experience. I purchased all the new items and love the eye shadow palette, the blush, the Stylo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry -- got cut off mid reply. The eye shadow palette is very beautiful and classic. I agree that Chantecaille is not on the forefront. I have recently been very impressed by Nars. There has been so much hype around Tom Ford, Chanel quads, Cle de Peau quads. I have succumbed to some of the hype (CdP and Charlotte Tilbury), but Chantecaille has always performed beautifully for me. Their Wild Horses palette is a favorite. Good luck on other beauty endeavors!

      Delete
    2. I was expecting to really like these so it is a shame, maybe I should have gone for the eye palette first :)
      I really like the look of the new CdP quads, we can't get the brand here unfortunately, mind you guess its money saved as know I wouldn't be able to resist :)

      Delete
  7. Really loved the lipstick's shade, Too bad they don't live up to expectations honey to have to pay such prices. The packaging of blush is lovely though. Have a nice day honey. Kisses <3

    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed a lot less beige in the reviews I'd seen so was a bit unexpected, great shade for those who can wear a nude lip though. The blush design is really pretty isn't it :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin