Sunday 13 July 2014

Surratt Artistique Blush in Duchesse & Eyeshadow in Doré Rose

There's a good colour-range of  Artistique blushers in the Surratt line, I opted for one of the palest blush shades, Duchesse (£23).

It's a light peach with a satin finish that gives a lovely natural sheen to the skin, perfect for lifting the complexion and adding a healthy warmth.

As its so light in colour I think this shade is best for fair skintones.
Swatched below and then blended out,

Its not chalky nor powdery and has a wonderfully smooth, silky texture that glides on almost like a cream and has a very impressive long wear.

Ingredients:




When I initially saw the Artistique Eyeshadow Doré Rose (£16) in the pan I was worried it would be too similar to Idealist (reviewed here) but you can see in the swatch  (Doré Rose on the left) they are different enough to own both.

Doré Rose is a shimmery copper with a touch of rose gold. A really pretty shade but too warm for my skintone.
As with my other Surratt shadows this has a lightweight, silky, non powdery texture which applies effortlessly.
Swatched below once and then swatched with a damp brush,

I remain really pleased with the Surratt line for the quality and performance, though as the shadow colour wasn't right for me I just need to be a bit more careful in future with my selections.

I bought these from http://www.liberty.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Ooo another brand that's new to me! Lovely colors, especially the eye shadow which must be a good base. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love trying a new to me brand, there are not loads of reviews out yet though so deciding what to pick can be tricky, though I won't let that put me off ordering some more :)

      Delete
  2. You and me seem to be of the same mind- Surrat and Tilbury lovers- The blush is such a pretty colour- I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) Will look forward to seeing if you pick up the blush. Speaking of Tilbury I'm looking forward to the fall collection, the eye palette looks so pretty.

      Delete
  3. Wow what a pretty shade, it will probably be more of a highlighter on me though :) Surratt looks like such an awesome brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather pale and I could see it giving more of a highlight effect on a deeper skintone. It is a brand worth checking out :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin