Sunday 6 July 2014

Burberry Summer Showers: Lip Glow Balm

The Burberry Summer Showers collection is a range of three shades options for cheeks, lips and nails (Orange Poppy, Pink Peony and Pink Azalea). Its very much about juicy colours with a dewy finish and brings us two new product; Fresh Glow Blush and Lip Glow Balm.

The Fresh Glow Blushers (which consists of over 50% of water) seemed somewhat translucent when I swatched them so I picked up two of the Lip Glow Balms instead (£23 each).


Orange Poppy #01 is a brightening coral/orange.

Pink Peony #02  is a healthy looking pink.


They don't have lots of slip like some tinted balms do and both have a nice glossy sheen finish.

The initial swatch is very sheer, reminding me of the Benefit hydrating tinted lip balms. Shown below Benefit lollibalm then Burberry Pink Peony swatched once and then the same shades swatched 3 times.

Unlike Benefit, I am pleased to say that they apply a lot more pigmented on the lips (Orange Poppy is undeniable more pigmented than Pink Peony). This does make me wonder if the Fresh Glow Blush would have applied more pigmented on the cheek compared to when I swatched them).

Swatched below once then three times, Orange Poppy then Pink Peony,


The balms feel moisturising, and make the lips feel softer. The formula contains nourishing oils and waxes which helps to protect from dehydration and I find my lips still feel in this condition after the product has worn off.

Its a nice concise collection of cheery looking shades and I have to say I'm tempted to go back for the more plummy Pink Azalea Lip Glow Balm.

Ingredients:


I bought these from Harrods

14 comments:

  1. OOO Orange Poppy *drools* I'm sure there is a clinical term for this "I want all the corals" disease LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well whats the harm of adding one more coral to the collection ;)

      Delete
  2. AAAAAaaa! Orange Poppy is stunning! Definitely need to find a counter and try that beauty on!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will be the most popular shade. Yes, go forth to a counter to try this pretty :)

      Delete
  3. I was initially very interested in these but then I read that they were sheer. They do look very pretty. I skipped the blushes too because I heard they were like the Tarte ones, those didn't work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't think the blushers were received very well, I think you would like the lip balm in orange poppy though :)

      Delete
  4. Pink Peony!!! I think I've been struck with the "I want all the pink". I guess I stayed away too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now there is nothing wrong with wanting all the pink possible ;) This shade is staying firmly in my handbag as it goes with everything.

      Delete
  5. I love the regular Pink Azalea, would love to see it in a sheer hydrating formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing if you pick it up, I am very tempted to get it :)

      Delete
  6. I quite like the idea of a sheer blush being made of 50% water but I prefer more pigment in my blushes too. Orange peony sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to prefer more sheer blushes just because my skin is really pale so it's easy for me to look overdone :) the orange tone sure is pretty and it's not often I'll say that about an orange

      Delete
  7. Orange poppyyy! so pretty! I have been thinking if I 'need' these or not! They look so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you might well need orange poppy in your life :) xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin