Sunday 18 May 2014

Dior Transatlantique Summer 2014: Sundeck Eyeshadow Palette & Cruise Addict Lipstick


Though the overtly warm Sundeck quint (£41) was something I had completely dismissed from photos online, once I was at the counter and swatched the bronze and peach shades I decided that it would have to come home with me even though I knew the orange wouldn't work (which is doesn't).


The limited edition palette contains a matte yellow toned beige, shimmery peach/gold, metallic golden bronze, satin dark red toned brown and in the centre a bright satin finish burnished orange.

Overall pigment is good apart from the beige which is somewhat lacking and I can barely notice it on my skin, so it does nothing to  cancel out lid discolouration. The dark brown and beige have a dryer more powdery texture whereas the other shades are more soft and creamy. The wear is good and though a primer is best used I can get away without one.


Though you can get a few different looks with this, this palette isn't the most flattering on me and can verge on making me look unwell, great overall colours just not on me.

Now lets move onto the lovely Dior Addict Lipstick in Cruise (£24). Its a juicy mandarin/coral shade, that looks intense in the tube but can be applied as a sheer wash or built up to give impact.

It has a glossy finish and a gel like texture that feels quite lightweight, comfortable and non drying. Its a really great shade that instantly brightens the face.


I bought these from Boots.

12 comments:

  1. OOO you picked out pieces I would have picked for myself! So sorry to hear the quint doesn't work well for you. I think it is definitely designed with warmer skin tones in mind. Although just to be honest, orange isn't THAT easy of a color for me to pull off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known with the quint really, I'll get use out of most of the shades but I am thinking the orange will be the last one standing :)

      Delete
  2. I swatched and passed on this quint because it was way too warm for me but I do like the look you did and that lippie is now quite tempting! I have yet to get a Dior Addict. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I should have passed on it as well.
      Well if you have yet to get a Dior Addict you must rectify that soon and with haste! ;)

      Delete
  3. I though you looked great with the eye shadows Clare. I actually like that orange shade. :) I must say I'm not a big fan of Dior quints lately. I own a few but somehow they don't get much love from me. Cruise however looks fantastic. What a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think these colours would work a lot better on your complexion. The quints are very hit and miss I find over the last 2/3 years I'd say, I wonder if they will see an improvement now that they have the new creative director from Chanel.
      Cruise is such a pretty shade, very glad I picked that one up :)

      Delete
  4. I've been eyeing that dior quad for a while -- the orange looks really interesting, although I don't normally gravitate towards warm/bright colours! That dark brown is intriguing -- it looks reddish in the pan but I'm glad it swatches fairly neutral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think orange can be a tricky shade to pull off. I'm glad the brown wasn't too red, mind you if I use it tight-lined I do have a bit of that crying look about me which is never a good thing ;)

      Delete
  5. I was tempted to pick up the eyeshadow quad but I bought other bits instead, I think the look you did with it looks very pretty! - Cruise is beautiful!! I just got it today :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think I should have probably picked up the two singles instead of the quint really. Cruise is such a great shades isn't it :)

      Delete
  6. I can't believe I just found your blog! I love it! :)
    I wasn't too blown away by the eye palettes..I don't know, I felt like they weren't too practical for me! Love that lipstick! I swatched it the other day and was so impressed with the color...might have to go back and pick one up!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I should have probably skipped the palette, your right about the practicality, sometimes the Dior colourways can be a bit unforgiving I think.
      Yes, you do need to go back and get the lipstick ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin