Sunday 11 May 2014

Bobbi Brown Raw Sugar Collection: Shimmer Brick Eye Palette & Tinted Lip Balm

The Raw Sugar collection has a very bronze, beachy vibe to it. The centre piece is the Raw Sugar Shimmer Brick Eye Palette (£35).

The limited edition palette contains ten shimmering eye shades including champagnes,copper,bronzes and browns.

The shades range from a soft wash to medium tones which allows versatility in the looks you can create.


The shades have the same level of smoothness as the shimmer bricks, they blend well and wear all day used over a primer.

There are four limited edition Tinted Lip Balms in the collection and I picked the lightest, Pink Popsicle (£15).

Its a sheer pinky/rose which looks extremely natural. A compact twist up product that is great to throw in your handbag, the balm offers a soft wash of colour and has a smooth, moisturising feel that does not feel heavy.

Its a great fuss free product and the only thing I am not keen on is the scent which has that crayon smell to it.

I really like this collection and might go back for a few more pieces, the Raw Sugar nail polish in particular is calling to me.

I bought these from John Lewis

12 comments:

  1. Ooo I like the lip balm! No fuss colors, I love those and that light pink is lovely! The palette has too many warm colors for me but it surely looks stunning/summery. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such an easy to wear lip shade. I thought the palette would be too warm but looks fine on, seems that the first five colours are warmer and the other five more neutral

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, Clare! I haven't seen much about this collection in the blogosphere, but I had to Google some promo images, and I like how the tinted lip balms look! Will definitely have to look into them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not read much either but just noticed it pop up at the counter and before I knew I was making a purchase :) Its worth checking out, I am tempted by one of the other lip balm shades, think it was called brown.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear Clare, the eyeshadow palette in my opinion contains too many similar colours..
    Thanks for the review,
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Marghe, some of the lighter shades are quite close in colour, though I do think there is just enough difference, especially with the more obvious bronze, brown or champagne shades to allow different looks :)

      Delete
  4. The palette looks pretty Clare but to be honest I've not been excited about Bobbi Brown is a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean, BB isn't really a brand that screams out at me but now and then I'll get interested, their Art lip stick things are meant to be really good, don't think they have launched here just yet but will give them a peruse when they do:)

      Delete
  5. Hi Clare! I've been curious about the palette but specially about the tinted lip balms, they look awesome! I thought they would have minty scent like other BB products, was the 'crayon' scent to strong? does it fade? Thank you Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have preferred a minty scent :) I would say it seems quite strong at first, it does fade so it literally it just as I am applying it I notice it, but its one of those things I could have done without xxx

      Delete
  6. I do like the shades but I've too many shimmer bricks with similar colors from Body Shop and Physicans Formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the shades are not necessarily unique, I do like having them in all together in one palette though :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin