Sunday 10 March 2013

Dior Diorshow Mono Eyeshadow Ribbon

My expectations of the newly reformulated Dior single shadows were quite high as I find that the majority of Dior shadows have great pigment and feel very soft, almost creamy and blend beautifully.

They are advertised as having a "unique wet/dry formula for a custom and professional finish". I swatched five of the shades and was surprised by the low pigment, however as the two counters I went to had only just got the displays out I wondered if it was because I had swatched the top layer. Nevertheless I decided to be prudent and buy just one.


I have been looking for a softly shimmered beige that was not peachy nor yellow in tone for quite a while and Ribbon (£22.50) fits the bill.
Swatched below, dry then wet

Swatched below L-R: Burberry Porcelain, Dior Ribbon, Burberry Gold Pearl.

Whilst the shade was exactly what I was after I am not overly impressed with the formula; pigment is lacking, and used wet makes the formula prone to balling up. Whilst this feels smooth, it does not have the the same softness or creaminess I'd expect from a typical Dior shade. Its not to say that formula is bad but it seems that the key attributes of Dior shadows have been lost and though the other shades in the mono range may perform differently, this has certainly not made me want to buy anymore.

Ingredients:



I bought this from harrods.com

10 comments:

  1. I love how perfectly neutral this beige is, and it's not chalky at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great beige, if it just had the normal Dior formula it would be perfect:)

      Delete
  2. It is a pretty beige Replica but to be honest I think Burberry Porcelain looks better but that is just me. It is a pity about the formula though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been finding Porcelain a bit warm, so was interesting putting them side by side as I can see why now :) I am glad I bought just one of the Dior, I was going to get 4/5 of them to begin with.

      Delete
  3. I love the ones I got! I want to buy them all!
    Xo,
    Tiffany

    Www.glossandmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shade - but it's too bad about the poor performance! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame as its a great shade to give a clean but brightened look, guess I'll need to look for a dupe of it in another brand :)

      Delete
  5. Diorshow mono range provides a very nice range of colors :) However I agree with you that the pigmentation isn't that great. I'm not sure that I'd get any of this eyeshadows :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do think the colour range looks really nice so its a shame this didn't perform as well as I'd expect from Dior.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin