Sunday 25 November 2012

Chanel Holiday: Harmonie du Soir

It was a welcomed sight to see the changed formula of eyeshadow quad from Chanel (previously release in the Topkapi palette). I had hoped that this would be a permanent change to the baked eyeshadows quads, unfortunately looking at the pictures of the Spring 2013 collection, I see the normal baked formula quad in the collection for us not in America.


Harmonie du Soir (£43) contains a gold, taupe, light pink (slightly frosty) and a cranberry/plum. All the shades are shimmery.

The formula of the shadows is easy to work with as they are very blendable, have great pigment and last well. They feel soft and smooth and the colours apply true to pan.
It terms of the overall look from the palette, I don't find the red tones of the cranberry/plum flattering so I only use a touch of this and whilst I like using the other three colours independently, used together I feel it looks overly shimmery (the shimmer is not the subtle shimmer I would expect from Chanel).

I do really like this formula and do hope they use it for other releases, but for me the colours used together are just too shimmery and I know I won't get a lot of use from the red toned shade.

Ingredients:


I bought this from Boots.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Replica! I successfully avoided buying this quad in favour of the Burberry and Giorgio Armani ones. Every time I look at swatches of it makes me wonder if I made the right choice to skip it. It looks really great on your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline :) I went back and forth on this as well, but though I really like the formula, I don't think the colours a must have.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful. The plummy gold tones are so appealing to me and you are wearing this palette beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bellyhead :) It is a very pretty palette to look at, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist for long, wish it was a bit cooler toned though.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty certain this is another winter palette that I will happily skip. It looks like the top two colours are identical to two eyeshadows from the Topkapi palette and the pink and cranberry are eyeshadows I would naturally avoid. Thank you very much for sharing your swatches, very helpful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I think I just felt the Topkapi jealousy so had to get this ;) I do think I would have much preferred Topkapi. I think other than the taupe you would not like the other shades, so safe for you to skip...and get one of the new Edward Bess shadow palettes instead...... ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for killing the itch for this! It does look beautiful on you (everything does!) but it would be too shimmery for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, thats very kind of you to say, everytime I post an eye look pic I think how terrible they look and have been tempted to take them down!
      I agree that you would probably not like the shimmer finish, I really think they should have calmed it a bit on this x

      Delete
  5. I love the look you created! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Replica,
    You have such a beautiful eyelid *envy* :p
    I love the formula of this eyeshadow, I wish Chanel could have the same formula in both USA and Europe/Asia.

    xoxo
    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl, thats very kind of you :)
      I do hope they move towards giving us the same formula as USA, its always seemed strange to me that they would have 2 such different formulas x

      Delete
  7. I love the colors, but at least 2 of them would not look good on me :( Otherwise I would definitely get them! But I like how they look on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks J :) I don't think its the best combination of shades to wear together, though I do really like the taupe of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin