Sunday 12 August 2012

Bare Minerals Ready to Wear

I find the Bare Minerals Ready collection of pressed shadows, blushes and powders much more appealing than the regular line, it comes in similar styled packaging to NARS, it looks sleek and modern and the colours look vibrant and wearable.
 
The Epiphany Eyeshadow Duo (£19) contains two shades: A-Ha and Foreshadow.

 A-Ha is a very shimmery, bordering on frosty, bronzed brown. It has a soft, smooth, creamy texture.

Its applies quite similar to Bronze Topaz from Le Metier de beaute's Penelope Kaleidoscope, albeit less golden.
Shown below, A-Ha on the left, Bronze Topaz on the right.

Foreshadow is a deep cocoa brown with a matte finish, it has a smooth texture and applies well.

Both shades have extremely good pigmentation and blend well. The wear of this is extremely good; with no primer I do not get any creasing or colour fade even after 10 hours.

For me A-Ha is a touch too shimmery for my taste and the overall look of the duo is a bit too warm, however I will certainly pick up some more of these due to the colour payoff, ease of blending and wear time.
Ingredients:

 I bought the blush in Aphrodisiac (£22) though I was very tempted by the nude shade called Whisper.

Its a peachy pink with golden micro glitter. It feels reasonably smooth and soft to the touch. Its not as strongly pigmented on first application but the colour is easily built up.

 It applies smoothly and I don't notice the gold micro glitter once on. Wear time is average.
Ingredients:

Swatches below:


 I bought these from John Lewis

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful buys, Replica. recently bought two of the 2.0 shadows too. I think your EOTD looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline :) Which ones did you get? I think I have my eye on at least 3 more of their duos :)

      Delete
    2. I bought The Paradise Found and The Scenic Route. I found the matte khaki shade in The Paradise Found a little less pigmented as compared to the rest though.

      Delete
    3. The Scenic Route was one I liked the look of as well :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely picks! I just can't wait to get my hands on Bare Minerals quad and the blush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      They do have a nice range of shades, I don't tend to look much at the brand but will certainly visit the counter again soon :)

      Delete
  3. Great Review :D Looks like great products, very pigmented :D

    OutsideBEautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They really do have great pigment

      Delete
  4. I have Aphrodisiac as well and like it. I never use the loose BareMinerals shadows or blushes much (although the colors are very pretty). Love the convenience of the READY items! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, I can't really be doing with loose stuff unless its amazing, I really think BE made the right move with the READY collection as its catering for a lot more customers now x

      Delete
  5. I am in love with these shadows!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin