Sunday 15 July 2012

Laura Mercier Cinema Noir Collection: Mystere duo

The Mystere duo (£18.50) from the fall Cinema Noir collection immediately caught my eye. Its a cool toned duo featuring a matte clay taupe and a deep shimmery navy blue.

(I took my pictures near an open window hence the rain droplets)
The colours are beautifully saturated and create a smoky and sultry look. They feel quite smooth and have great pigment and very good wear.

Unfortunately I have a major problem with these and that is how they apply; its patchy and looks dry. I find trying to blend these near impossible and it just looks a bit messy. I've tried different primers and using none and still I get the same result.
The below picture is the best I can get using all my blending might.

A beautiful colour pairing let down by a sub par formula, you can call me disappointed...very...

I bought this from John Lewis

12 comments:

  1. I was really taken by this colour pairing. How very disappointing to hear the texture is pants. Thank you for saving my pennies on this one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Glad to save you a bit of money ;) It is such a shame, other reviews I have read have been good so I was rather surprised by the poor application xx

      Delete
  2. It looks so pretty on your lids, sucks when a product that is expensive does not perform quite as expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      I do really like the colours, shame about the quality, this is another one of those times that I wish we had a return policy for makeup in the UK! :)

      Delete
  3. I have this problem with most of the newer Laura Mercier powders :( They often swatch fine but are disasters once they hit my lids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      I do find them rather hit and miss, I just couldn't resist the pretty colours! I'll have to be a bit more careful in future :)

      Delete
  4. Aw, it's too bad about the formula, as the colors do look lovely. I've found that some of Laura Mercier's shadows are dry, while others are very nice. They are a bit hit or miss unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi makeup magpie,
    They do seem to vary quite a bit, its such a shame as I really liked the look of the other duo from the collection as well, but I dare not buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours of this palette, its looks good one you. Shame that it wasn't great for you.

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cat0805,
    Thanks :) It is a shame as I do really like these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this on your eye! I've also been eying the other Duo from Cinema Noir, both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dovey,
    Thanks :) I just wish it applied better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin