Sunday 22 July 2012

Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush Tangerine

The blush is housed in a sturdy and quite heavy mirrored compact, complete with a mini angled brush.

The shade Tangerine 06 (£29) is a dusty beige peach.Though it has an almost matte finish it does not look at all flat on the skin. It applies without any harsh lines and never looks overdone. Though not as creamy as my Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes, it feels smooth, light weight and has a finely milled texture.

Swatched below, on the left two swipes and on the right one blended in
 
I had initially avoided these blushers due to the corn starch. Whilst it can be difficult identifying acne triggers due to the sheer amount of ingredients in any one product, the blushers I was breaking out from all contained this ingredient. I have not had any breakouts or itchiness from this and I have been using it almost daily, however I am still hesitant with products containing corn/rice starch.
Ingredients:
 

The only downside I have found is that it does fade quite a bit after about 5 hours. However, overall I'm really pleased; it applies so well and I haven't got another shade like it, I'm already contemplating what shade to get next.


I bought this from johnlewis.com

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Lola,
      Yes, and I just want more and more... ;)

      Delete
    2. I fear what will happen if I even go to swatch!

      Delete
  2. I really like the colour. I've seen swatches of it before but the name 'Tangerine' has put me off. It isn't bright orange though, is it? Remember that your answer will have a direct impact on my purse ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      The name does make you think orange not really fitting for the shade, I'm sorry to say that I think you would really like it and if you happen to be buying household stuff from John Lewis this should slip into the basket :) xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful swatches, such a pretty shade on you. Don't you just love the brush that comes with it? It is so soft. Cameo and Blossom are equally pretty colours you could try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      The brush is good quality. Thanks for the recs, I think I will have quite a big list of the shades I want next :)

      Delete
  4. ahh Burberry... I want to own the whole line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lucy, that would be nice, one of each please :)

      Delete
  5. Tangerine blsh is on my wishlist, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miaka,
      I think its a good shade to start with, it seems to go with anything.

      Delete
  6. Wow beautiful. Great blog. I'm following you hope you follow me back too http://makeupbyremy.blogspot.com/
    My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/makeupbyremy#

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can never have enough Burberry don't you think ;)
    I think this is a bit too dark for my skin tone but I am not sure whether this will be fine to be used as a bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      I think that while it can be built up it applies soft so I don't find the colour too much on my pale self.
      The Burberry range is really good isn't it :)

      Delete
  8. This is such a gorgeous blush- it looks like it will give a natural flush

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Imo,
    It is a lovely natural shade, I was surprised I didn't have anything similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty shade! Thanks for sharing. I have the Peony shade and like it very much. This one looks just as lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Makeup Magpie,
      I think this shade would work really well on you. I really do like it and am very pleased it hasn't broken me out, to think I avoided their blushes for so long! x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin