Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Organic Pharmacy Cellular Protection Sun Cream SPF50

I've been waiting for a sustained amount of sun before posting this, but if I hold off any longer it will be autumn, so here we go.....
I've been on the hunt for a replacement sunscreen since my beloved Everyday SPF15 from  Snowberry was no longer an option as the brand left the UK. Enter a great review from Danny of  Holistic Green  Beauty  for Organic Pharmacy and I had to try it.

The Cellular Protection Sun Cream SPF50 sunscreen (£33.95 for 100ml)  provides UVA and UVB protection with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. An added bonus, depending on your view point, is that it contains no nano particles. From what I have read there is a bit of hoopla over nanoparticles as to whether they are safe and how much they’re absorbed into the skin, at any rate I guess I go for the "when in doubt leave it out" view.
Ingredients:


The texture is quite rich, however I don't find it that moisturising for my dry skin. Its best to apply a little at a time as it doesn't blend in that well and like the majority of sunscreens it does leave a tacky feel, which is not the most workable to apply makeup over. There are however many qualities to this product, I don't get a white residue, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it provides a very high protection, it also contains a lot of skin benefiting ingredients such as antioxidants and hydrating oils.
Had I not tried Snowberry I would have re-bought this as its most definitely one of the better sunscreens out there, however what I loved about Snowberry is that it didn't apply/feel like your traditional sunscreen but instead like a moisturiser. Organic Pharmacy is a very good option, but for me its not a substitute for my Snowberry.

I bought this from theorganicpharmacy.com

6 comments:

  1. I've not tried a great deal of their skincare, I've been more into their supplements but I would like to look into the range more.

    I like your 'when in doubt leave it out' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta,
      :) Thank you.
      I bought their hayfever stuff but it doesn't seem to have worked for me, I was quite interested in their skin tincture though.

      Delete
  2. I like that it is a physical sunscreen, does not leave white residue, and it has a high SPF level. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rola,
      It does have a lot of good points :)

      Delete
  3. I know this is an old post but it's still showing up in Google pretty high. I use the factor 30 and it is by far and away the best sunscreen I've ever used. I use it on my face, chest and tops of arms having experienced allergic reactions and heat rash from all other sunscreens. This cream feels luxurious to apply and most importantly I get zero rash. I actually enjoy putting it on after I've had a swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you are getting on so well with it, I might give the SPF30 one a try. I often get rashes from sunscreens as well so was really pleased that this one caused me no problem.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin