Sunday 29 April 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge: Eye Shadow Keepers: New shadow swatches of Olive Violeteare, Bohemian Waxwing & Golden Rhea

The much anticipated RBR refillable palettes were released last Friday at Zuneta.com. They come in either a duo (£12) or trio (£15) Eye Shadow Keeper. Along with the palette launch was the release of refill pans (£16 each), six new shades and three best-selling colours in the Long-lasting Eye Shadow formula.
 The keepers are sleek and streamlined and adorned with the whimsical RBR imagery. The palettes have a magnet so the shadows fit in securely.The refills come in a black envelope in a similar style to that of MAC but with RBR you get the extra touch of the pretty design.

Here is the currant refill shade line up with the RBR colour descriptions:
New Colours:
Lilac Reef Curassow - Pale lilac with iridescent effect
Trumpeter Koel - Dark lead-grey with lilac-blue iridescence
Bohemian Waxwing - Iridescent bronzed champagne
Olive Violeteare - Smoky olive with satin finish
Golden Rhea - Iridescent pale gold.
Umber Firefinch - Iridescent dark umber chocolate
Bestselling Shadows:
Unforgetable Oriole - Delicate, metallic white gold
Solstice Halcyon - Semi-matt mauve beige
Abyssinian Catbird - Metallic bronze with golden highlights

Here are the refills compared to a normal sized RBR shadow:

Bohemian Waxwing is a beautiful shimmery taupe with a touch of bronze. If you are a fan of taupes Bohemian Waxwing is a must have, in fact it would be a disservice to your love of taupes not to have this in your collection.

Olive Violeteare  is a smokey olive as RBR describes, its not harsh and makes a really pretty crease/outer V colour.



Golden Rhea is a shimmery true gold.


The shadows have the great  texture and pigment that we are use to with RBR, there is nothing you can fault with these.

Such beautiful shades which are sure to become essentials, I've placed an order for Lilac Reef Curassow & Trumpeter Koel (Umber Firefinch had sold out) so I'll show you those soon.
RBR is available from Zuneta.com and they ship internationally.

Disclosure: I was sent these items for free.

20 comments:

  1. AGH! Some of them have already sold out?! I was ready to hit submit on all the new shades on Friday and then got sidetracked never to return! I didn't realize there was a size difference. What is the difference in grams? Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yes it was scary how quick they sold out.The normal ones are 2.4 grams I believe and the refills are 2 grams :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, the prettiness! Bohemian Waxwing shall be mine. Honestly, RBR simply can do no wrong in my eyes...I have never had a dud with them *swoon*!
    Have a great week my dear :)
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina,
      I think Bohemian Waxwing is going to become one of their must have shades x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for these swatches! I am holding off on purchasing these because I have spent so much this month on LE items. They will all be mine in due time though, I'm sure of it ;) They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      They are so pretty and the colours work really well together, my order for the other two arrived today and they look like winners :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, just checked the Zuneta site and ALL the refill shadows are sold out except Unforgettable Oriole. Wow. Of course, I know they'll be back, but that was mighty fast.

    Now that I've seen the swatches of these, it makes me want them all the more... Thanks for making me want Bohemian Waxwing, by the way. I don't usually go for bronze shades, so I'd figured I was safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      Poor Unforgettable Oriole ;) Bohemian Waxwing only has a tiny hint of bronze about it so I am afraid that yes you do need it :)

      Delete
  5. As always- your review and swatches are outstanding. I did the same thing as Perilously Pale-- I waited too long on Friday and most of what I wanted was sold out! These colors are gorgeous! I can't wait to see your swatches of Lilac Reef Curassow & Trumpeter Koel! I agree with inthesweetshop- RBR can do no wrong! I thought that everything would sell out quickly, but I didn't anticipate that it would be THAT quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola,
      I wasn't expecting the items to go that quick either, hopefully Zuneta will re stock soon. I got Lilac Reef Curassow & Trumpeter Koel today, they look very pretty in the pan, though I have to wait till I get some sunlight to take pictures before I can use them, the things we have to do for our beauty blogs :) x

      Delete
    2. Hi Replica,
      I know just what mean- the things we have to do for our beauty blogs, indeed! One learns to become so patient about photographing before swatching and using! Our non-blogging friends would think that we were positively crazy if they saw what we were willing to do to get good pictures posted :-) I can't wait for your next batch of swatches and reviews! xo, Lola

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I went for very similar colours. I got Waxwing, Olive Violeteare and Unforgettable Oriole. I was shocked out how quickly everything went OOS x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I'm sure I'll pick up Unforgettable Oriole soon, the Olive Violeteare works so well with golds. I like how your husband ordered it because of your ban, there is always a workaround :) xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, he's an excellent alibi...err, I mean husband ;) xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the pics; I love the look of all these but in particular Bohemian Waxwing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meeta,
      I have a feeling that the majority of people would have picked BW, I think all these shades would work really well on you :)

      Delete
  8. I like the look of Golden Rhea, so pretty. I have not tried RBR eye shadows, how do they compare with LMdB or Burberry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      They have a more creamy/softer feel overall I'd say and pigment it generally higher with RBR, all 3 brands are up there as favourites for me :)

      Delete
  9. So pretty! I can't wait to see Lilac Reef Curassow & Trumpeter Koel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zuzu,
    I'll try and get the post up for them this Sunday, lets pray for sunshine for me to take pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin