Sunday 15 April 2012

Becca Balearic Love: Tempranillo Nail Polish

I fall into the all too easy trap of buying on the first few days of new collection releases, but sometimes it can be a real blessing when for whatever reason I have to postpone buying. It allows me time to read the reviews and see the swatches and in the case of the Becca Balearic Love collection, though Initially I was planning to get 5 items, after seeing the reviews/pictures, it whittled down to only one item I still wanted.
Tempranillo (£12) is a deep glossy red wine with a touch of plum. The hint of plum that catches in certain lights gives it a slighter deeper more vampy edge.
The formula is free from Formaldehyde, Toluene, Camphor and Di Butyl Phthalate. This is my third Becca polish and unfortunately I am not as pleased with the application. Though it still has the fast dry time with no colour fade, I find this one applies rather streaky and uneven.


So whilst I like the colour, the application is not of equal merit.

Ingredients:

My husband bought me this from lookfantastic.com

11 comments:

  1. That is simply stunning on you! What a lovely lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola,
      Thank you :) I do prefer darker colours, this is a really nice one just a shame about the formula.

      Delete
    2. It really is a shame- had you raved about the formula instead- I would have been one click away from ordering it! It is just the type of color that I love!!

      Delete
    3. Hi Lola,
      Yes I always go for these types of colours as well, I think they are quite flattering against pale skin :)

      Delete
    4. I completely agree, Replica! There is no good reason for Becca not being able to produce this color with a perfect streak free and even finish!

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a shame that the formulas isn't the same as the previous colours as this is a gorgeous shade. I was very tempted by this colour despite my no buy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Yes, it is a bit of a let down. I am impressed you are still on your no buy, you must possess control, I would have probably caved in the first week ;) xx

      Delete
  3. It's a shame about the formula. I was looking at this shade too ... looks like I will pass. Overall I feel as though the Balearic Love Collection was a miss for Becca. The products are very different than advertised, and the usual becca quality isn't there, IMO. I hope they will turn it around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pretty addicted,
      I do think its a safe one to pass. I'm sure I read somewhere that Becca had been bought by a company not too long ago and I wonder if there has been a change if how the items have been produced?

      Delete
  4. Really pretty colour, and I might have been tempted but that formulation doesn't sound good. Really useful review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quos,
      Thank you, I'm glad it was of use, yes, probably best to spend your money on something else :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin