Sunday 27 November 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Smithereens of Stars Eye Gloss

You'll be forgiven for not being being familiar with the RBR eye gloss, although they have featured in some of the beautiful RBR seasonal looks, rarely have I seen them mentioned elsewhere.
I'd never thought I'd have a use for such a product, an eye gloss would seem to suggest a sticky texture and creasing, I couldn't have been more wrong....
The gloss is wax free and water based and has a high gloss/wet look finish. I have the shade Angel's Play (£27), which is clear in colour, it comes in a tube with a brush applicator.

Swatches below to show the change with the gloss added L-R: Fire-Tailed Sunbird shadow with gloss added, Fire-Tailed Sunbird on its own , eye gloss on its own, Wishing for Wings loose pigment on its own, Wishing for Wings loose pigment with gloss added.
Below I have used the gloss mixed with RBR shadows and loose pigments. I've not applied it as neatly as I should, nor have blended as much as normal, but I was hoping to show the effect of applying a bit of colour and a larger quantity of gloss.
The shadows I used where L-R: Spun From Sunny Seawater loose pigment, Eaten All The Cherries loose pigment, Abyssinian Catbird shadow, Bejewelled Skylark shadow and Long-lasting Eye Pencil Lola to line.


This gloss melds the shadows together, the colours take on a different hue, the finish has that extra gleam. It doesn't feel sticky on the skin and I don't get any creasing used over an eye base, I also don't find the mixture of gloss with powder to have an adverse effect on the shadow smoothness and blendability. Its also nice used on eyebrows mixed in with your normal brow product as it locks the colour on and makes it look more sleek and its also pretty used under the brow bone to give that touch of shine/dewiness.

Disclosure: I was sent the eye gloss and Long-lasting Eye Pencil for free (I've recently reviewed the pencil here).

The other Items I bought from Zuneta.com

8 comments:

  1. Ohh this is great. I've been waiting for so long for someone to do a review of these as my finger has been hovering over the buy button for quite some time and I was just too scared to take the risk so thank you for this, its sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fabulous, I love how this transforms the eyeshadows and pigments in your swatches. I like the idea of using it on the brows too. I have often looked at the eye glosses and wondered so it is very helpful to see a review.

    Thank you SO much for sharing. You know how much a I value your RBR reviews :D
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that eye look is glorious :D absolutely stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this review. What a lovely eye look! In the past, the eye glosses I've tried have been very sticky but this one sounds great! Glad to hear that it does not have an adverse affect on the blendability of the shadows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlie,
    Glad it helps :)I am now thinking about whether I should get one of the coloured ones now ;)

    Hi Jane,
    Its been a product that has surprised me, its very versatile, it works nicely if you use it mixed with shadow as a liner as well x

    Hi LauraJean,
    Thank you so much :)

    Hello Vintage Makeup,
    Thank you, I'd bet you would have a lot of fun creating lots of different looks with this eye gloss :)

    Makeup Magpie,
    Thanks :) This is the first eye gloss I have ever had success with. Its a really useful product to have in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about these and they sound like an interesting product, especially for an eyeshadow junkie, like moi! Definitely one for the wishlist I think!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,
      Its certainly handy to have in my collection, I have been wondering about trying one of the coloured ones next :) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin