Friday 25 November 2011

Guerlain Les Bois de Rose

Les Bois de Rose (£37) was a colour combination I had completely disregarded until I swatched it. I'm someone who has the fear of that sickly pink eye look, so I usually avoid shadows in the pink/rose family.
The palette contains a satin finish taupe with a slight mauve tone, frosty white pink, rich slightly shimmered plum chocolate and a cool rose with subtle micro glitter.
The shadows are quite smooth, easy to blend and have great pigmentation.
Though I use the rose shade in moderation and just a dash of the highlighter shade, the taupe and chocolate are what made me buy this palette.
One of the best attributes of Guerlain shadows is how easily they blend with each other and that it what makes the rose and highlighter shade work as the colours really layer and coordinate well to create a soft smokey mauve look (not a pink eye in sight).

I bought this from Debenhams

4 comments:

  1. The colors look really soft! I love soft shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That creates such a beautiful eye look. Thank you so much for sharing this. I would have dismissed this kind of colour combination for the same reasons you mention but it does look lovely.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review! I adore this quad as well even though I try to avoid pinks (b/c of that dreaded pink-eye look). It looks beautiful on your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine,
    They are and they blend like a dream :)

    Hello Jane,
    Thank you :) I think this would work nicely on you as I really think you suit mauve/plummy eye looks x

    Hi Sabrina,
    Thank you for the lovely comment. I'm really impressed with the Guerlain palettes as I was never that pleased with their old formula :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin