Friday 11 November 2011

Chanel Lumiére Sculptée De Chanel

Chanel often brings out show pieces and there is no denying the beauty of the Lumière Sculptée de Chanel Highlighting Powder (£46). Beautifully embossed with a twinkly overlay this was always going to be a product that demands attention on looks alone.
The over spray quickly wears off and this applies as a neutral slightly champagne pearl white. The finish gives a subtle luminous glow, there is no frost just a gentle shimmer. It feels very smooth and soft, it blends nicely and I find it lasts well.
Picture below with over spray off
Swatch on the left is swiped and blended on the right:

The majority of my highlighters are more of a warm glow or pinky whites so this gives me a different look. Overall this one was a pleasant surprise and makes a very pretty subtle highlighter that captures the light beautifully.
However I do wonder how well this would fare on darker skintones, I'm a shade lighter than a MAC NW15 and on me this shows up noticeable lighter than my skin so I do wonder if this would look chalky on darker skin than mine.

Ingredients:


I bought this from Debenhams

10 comments:

  1. It looks a little sad once the overspray is off! I do think it's worth seeing what is to come though. I think such a light colour would make me nervous. Do you use it on your cheek bones?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh this looks pretty! i dont any chanel face products >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, it's ashy on darker complexions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty!
    Everytime I got some makeups with the spray on top, for some reason I just wouldn't use it because it is just gonna ruin the prettiness LOL and I don't want to ruin the spray! So now I don't get stuff like that any more because I know I will never use it ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty on you, but I'm probably way too tan to wear this. The over spray is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design is SO gorgeous! Shame it's so light as I don't think it'd work for most skintones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane,
    Yes, its not as impressive looking with the overspray off, you can see why companies use an overspray to entice us :) I use it on cheekbones and to side of eyes and slighty above outer brow and under the brow x

    Hi TzeYien89,
    I am very glad I got it, the SA was sure it would be the first thing to sell out, although you never know if they are just saying that :)

    Hi Ava,
    I did think it would likely work best on lighter skin tones, I guess on this occasion I should be glad I'm so pale ;)

    Hi katherine,
    LOL, I think a lot of people think the same way as you. I tend to just admire for a minute then jump right in :)

    Hi Pretty Me Purple,
    I think the overspray would have sold it to a lot of people, not sure it would have the wow factor without it :)

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    I think you are probably right. Strange in some ways as I always think Chanel products are mostly geared towards a medium complexion, guess I lucked out on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful--- I feel happy whenever I even see pictures of it! I think it's perfect for paler winter complexions =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh what a beautiful product! Too bad Chanel is super expensive, do you think it’s worth it for the price? By the way I like your blog I’m a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dovey,
    They know what to do to attract us don't they, I'm already liking the look of their spring blush with all the stripes :)

    Hello Glitz Glam,
    Welcome, glad you like the blog :)
    For me I'd happily pay the price again, but I wouldn't say the formula excels over some of the highlighters more in the £30 range, for me its the way it catches the light that I really like.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin