Sunday 15 May 2011

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Naturally Luminous Colour Collection

The fresh spring colours of the Naturally Luminous kit instantly appealed to me, as did the price of £35 which I thought extremely good value for 6 products.
The kit contains the main components of a full look (not including base products):
Refresh Eye colour (highly whitened mint, has more of a sheen rather than shimmer).
Restore Eye colour (brown with golden shimmer)
Miracle Blush (bright cool toned fuchsia pink)
100% Natural Lip gloss in Fruit Smoothie (very sheer pink with shimmer)
Big & Bright Eyeliner in Charbronze (cool brown with a subtle golden tone)
Tapered Shadow Brush

There are very few brand's loose eyeshadows I like as I tend to find them poorly pigmented with too much fall out and very poor lasting abilities. These have very good pigmentation, and they did not feel or look dry on the skin. The wear is average and I only get fall out from the initial application.
The blush is brighter than I would normally go for, so I do use it sparingly. I haven’t had any breaks outs or itchiness from this and the colour lasts all day.

The lip gloss is too sticky/tacky for me, although it does last very well and feels quite moisturising.
The eyeliner does not tug and lasts well and I don’t get any smudging, I do wish it applied with a bit more pigment though.

Swatches L-R: Lip gloss, Eyeliner
The brush is quite firm, yet comfortable and is a really good lay down brush for loose shadows.
On the whole I do find it takes longer to do my makeup when using the loose shadows and blusher and some of the items in this kit are not right for me, that said I am really glad I bought this as its a great way to try the brand (these are my first BareMinerals items) and its nice that it takes out the guess work as the colours coordinate so well.
Definitely a nice little pick me up set, my stand outs are the brush and the blusher.

Ingredients:

I bought this from John Lewis

6 comments:

  1. The lipgloss shade looks amazing! I also love the look of the blush though it is very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty collection. I'm a long time collector of this line and do love the shadows but agree it does take more time to work with the loose pigments.

    I bet it looks gorgeous on you!
    x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blush looks very nice and spring-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vintage Makeup,
    The brush is rather bright, I do have to make sure I buff it in very well :)

    Hi Jeanie,
    I do really like the look of quite a lot of their stuff but I do tend to get swamped by the SA's if I go near the counter so had to do a quick grab to get this x

    Hi Eli,
    It is a very cheerful type of shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty looking set. I'm actually most taken by the brush and think it might be worth trying to get something similar to use with my loose Shiro eyeshadows.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,
    Its a handy little brush and I don't think their brushes are that expensive, I might have a peruse of their other brushes ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin