Sunday 9 January 2011

Burberry Lip Cover Antique Rose

Antique Rose (£23) is a non-shimmery neutral medium pink with a hint of warmth.
Burberry lipsticks have good pigmentation and give a medium coverage. They apply smoothly with a lightweight feel, staying powder is average. However, these are not the most moisturising lipsticks I have.

I’d say the majority of my Burberry are natural classic colours and extremely wearable. I don’t think of the range as having "wow factor", unique shades, but they do offer shades that you find yourself getting a lot of use out of and the eyeshadow texture is delightfully smooth.
I would like to try some more products from the line, although I have been trying to find out the ingredients of the blushers for nearly five months now with no luck so I think I’ll give up on that one!
I bought this from Harrods.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Replica, Just read your post and had my Burberry Peony blush within reach. This is going to be a long comment, but here are the ingredients listed on the label: Talc, Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl, tetraisostearate, octyldodecyl stearolyl stearate, ceolite, sorbic acid, methylparaben, corn oil, propylparaben, tetrasodium EDTA, parfum, butylparaben, alpha-isomethyl ionone, BHT, benzyl benzoate, hydroxyctronellal, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, rosa canina fruit extract, may contain Mica, Titanium Dixoide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium hydroxide green, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red & Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 28 Lake.

    Whew!! That's a lot of ingredients for one little blush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So odd - my Antique Rose looks so much redder. Definitely less pink than yours. And we have really similar coloring, pale and cool toned.

    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makeup Magpie,
    Thank you so much, thats so kind of you! Must have taken you a while! I usually have to avoid Corn Starch so they may be a no go for me. Thanks again x

    Hi Adele,
    That is odd, I went and double checked mine incase I had the wrong one. It is Antique Rose though and is pink, makes you wonder doesn't it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shade looks to be another perfect go-to colour. I really like the look of many of the lipsticks as they are so wearable and appeal to my 'safe' lipcolour tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a nice colour. I've still yet to pull that Burberry trigger. Curse their expensive postage!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that- you are so bad for me with colors- we like the same things! x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meeta,
    I know what you mean, I almost always opt for the safe shades and they do have a lot of easy to wear shades.

    Hi Jane,
    Thats why I tend to buy a lot in the one go as hate paying their postage. You are being very good holding off, although I am sure someone mentioned they are releasing eye palettes so we will see how long you can resist ;)

    Hello Jeanie,
    Yes, I notice we tend to go for the same things, still I'm glad to be an enticer :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin