Friday 22 October 2010

LIVING PROOF NO FRIZZ SHAMPOO

Living Proof is a haircare range that contains "anti-frizz technology " without silicones and asserts it will eliminate frizzy hair by blocking humidity without weighing hair down. So what exactly is this "anti-frizz technology " ?
Apparently its the discovery of the PolyfluoroEster molecule. This molecule's formulation "adheres tightly to the hair, which allows for long-lasting moisture resistance and rebalancing of the hair fiber’s interaction with the atmosphere, even after extreme humidity". I read this as it coats the hair to block out humidity
I bought the No Frizz Shampoo (£18), in terms of performance this shampoo left my hair soft, smooth and it definitely made it almost frizz free, even in damp weather. It does not contains laureth or lauryl sulfates and I got no irritation or dryness (I have a very sensitive scalp).
Here are the ingredients, you can enlarge the pic but as its not a flat surface it might be somewhat annoying to read!
Having used up a whole bottle, I will not be re-buying this. Although the ability to fight frizz was extremely impressive I felt like my hair was being coasted each time, and it felt weighed down and looked a bit lank. Ultimately I think this would be great if you have thick/unruly hair but for me I've gone back to my Shu Uemura Art of Hair.

4 comments:

  1. I have thin but sometimes frizzy hair too hun!I konw what you mean I hate when they look so heavy!
    Thanks for the review!I wont try to use it!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, I have a feeling this is the one that my friend was talking about. It would be no good on my hair as it won't take any weighing down and would look lank. My friends hair, although curly and prone to some frizzing probably isn't thick enough to warrant it either.

    I will pass this review on to her.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I tried a few samples of this 'poo last year before I changed over to WEN (HG and I don't think I will ever stray). Every living proof product I tried made my hair look awful. I actually bought the volumizing cream(from QVC) on a special and hated it so much after a couple of uses I returned it. My hair is fine/thin/color treated and has natural curl/frizz.
    Now, my younger sister swears by the same cream I sent back but uses a different 'poo and 'dish with it (Loreal pro and Loreal ever strong from the drugstore). Her hair is normal thickness and color treated but very long Once again great review! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Blushingloves,
    Yes, it was a bit of a let down really as I had read quite a lot of good reviews on this.

    Hi Jane,
    This range does seem to have got a lot of press so I did have high hopes, I wonder if it might be better on curly hair though as my hair type is medium in thickness and wavy ?

    Hi jeanie,
    That doesn't sound too good, probably a good thing I only bought the shampoo. I don't think I have heard much of WEN haircare before so will take a closer look at the products, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin