Wednesday 8 September 2010

Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation and Shadow Swatches

I've had to wait a while before reviewing this as I wanted to make sure it didn't break me out and I am glad to say we have a success!
Here are the ingredients (please click to enlarge)
Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation (£34) comes packaged with quite a heavy cap so its probably not the most travel friendly. It has a pump dispenser which is always my preference.
It gives a natural finish, giving a slight glow/ luminous quality to the skin. The coverage is sheer, but it can be layered to achieve medium.

It really applies well, I get no cakiness (often a problem for me) and it feels very comfortable and lightweight on. The colour, Trench 01, is a perfect match, I think if you find MAC 15's a bit too dark this will work for you. It doesn't have noticeably pink or yellow tones, very natural.
Swatched below, on the right I have blended it in.
The only downside for me is that it does not last that well, so I have to put on a light dusting on powder, otherwise it fades by mid day.

I thought I'd give you a swatch of all my Burberry shadows together, I am still really liking these and they are up there with my other favourite eyeshadow brands. Shadows L-R: Pearl Blue, Porcelain, Trench, Almond, Rosewood, Taupe brown, Pearl grey.
I buy my Burberry from Harrods.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on the foundation, I have been resisting popping into Harrods but I think I will check out the counter when I go to see the Perfume Diaries exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last statement 'I buy my Burberry from Harrods'. It almost sounds like it should be euphemism for something! ;P

    This foundation looks lovely. I'm pleased to hear that it's worked well for you. After seeing that last swatch, I'm even more convinced I need Rosewood.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same as Jane, loved that last sentence!!!! Glad you found a foundation that works for you, I'm finding it hard at the moment to find something that suits me as I still have a little tan and my darker foundations are too light in coverage to conceal the horrible chloasma on my forehead...going to have the brown spots lasered off this Autumn! Will check out the Burberry line in a couple of weeks when I finally get to go to Milan sans hubby and son! Again I emulate Jane: I think I NEED Rosewood!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meeta,
    The Perfume Diaries exhibition looks really good, wish I was near Harrods! Burberry is a really nice line from what I have tried so far, I'd like to try the blushers next.

    Hi Jane,
    ha, can see how your mind works :) Yes, you do need Rosewood, that can go on your list! x

    Hello Anna,
    Lasered off, have you had that done before ? Is your skin really sensitive afterwards ?
    If you do get round to seeing it I'd love to know if you think the blushers are any good x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin