Wednesday 25 August 2010

Yves Saint Laurent : Rock & Baroque Fall collection

The strong colour combinations of the fall Rock & Baroque collection caught my eye. Unfortunately the nail polish duo's, which seem to be the focus of the collection, weren't in stock but I did pick up some of the other items.

The eyeshadow duo (£27) in #31 Midnight Blue-Solar Gold contains a sheer shimmery old gold and a matte dusky blue/purple, not a straight up blue as per the name. I know it looks blue in my photo but honestly I do think it leans more purple than blue in real life.
I've not been overly impressed with YSL shadows in the past, however although these are not the smoothest in texture, I really love the colour combination.
The Peche L'Eclat Collector Palette (£35) is marketed as "barely-there shades" however as soon as I swatched it I knew it would have enough pigment for me to use as a blusher. The combination of a very sheer pink and peach beige create a warm flush of healthy colour. The only issue I have with this is that the shimmer/micro glitter that I had thought was an over spray is still there after 4 days of use, I can't say if it will go all the way down but I'll update this post if it does disappear.
Swatches L-R: pink,peach/beige, both shades combined.
I also bought two of the volupte perles which I'll show you soon. I am still tempted by the nail duos but I've not tried YSL varnish before so wonder what the quality is like ?

7 comments:

  1. They look fabulous and are the most amazing colours together. Thank you !!!

    www.balletnews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the eyeshadow duo looks lovely. It's so tricky to get purple to pick up well on camera without it looking blue tones.

    I hadn't seen the blusher at all when I had a look in Selfridges. It looks like a really interesting pattern. I did have a look at the Volupte pearl when I was there and they swatched nicely. I look forward to hearing how you got on with them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review and swatches. I haven't been impressed with YSL for their eyeshadows but may have to look at them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, its very current and has good swatches. Although I cant say your helping my wish list get any shorter! >_<

    Thank You :)
    KK, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ballet news,
    They do make a nice combo, thanks for stopping by :)

    Hi Jane,
    I'll try and get my VP review up soon, I seem to have gone on some crazy "must have all fall collections" spree so have more stuff than I have time to write about! x

    Hi Kristie,
    I know what you mean, I don't favour them as a shadow brand,but the colours do pair nice together.

    Hello Kei Kei,
    Thanks, really nice of you to say, I do like to be an enabler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so cut off from everything here at the sea in Sardinia, luckily I've got you to show me what's going on in the beauty world!! Great combo, there are others from past collections that I was intrigued by but never got...though you can bet I have an YSL eyeshadow to post about...among 1000 other things!!!! Going back home on Monday, will be able to comment assiduously again, yay!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna,
    well I'm slowly buying all the fall collections it would seem so you won't miss out!
    Will be good to have you fully back xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin