Sunday 1 August 2010

Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose Face Palette

It didn’t start too well, the SA was confused as to why I would need to know and very reluctant to show me the ingredients of the blusher. To be honest I came very close to walking away but didn’t want to appear rude. I wish more brands would just put their ingredients on their web sites to save all this unwanted hassle.
I have to admit that the majority of my BB products I have given to my mother, its not really a brand that I have found a stand out product from as yet, so you maybe wondering why I decided to buy this palette.
I’ve been on the look out for a travel compact that contains lip, cheek and enough eye shades for a whole look, with my priority being that I wanted it as small as possible.
This does deliver, the zipped up denim palette (£45) is sturdy and very compact measuring 3.5" x 3.75"
I’m not a fan of having lip products and powders in the same palette, as there is always the inevitable spreading of dust, however because I wanted a lot of products in a small amount of space this was the only way to go.
The palette includes the following:
Eye shadows in: Navajo (very sheer matte cream with a hint of pink). Gray Denim (matte grey), Pink Granite (very sheer pink champagne sparkle). Dark Rinse (deep navy blue with blue sparkle).
Swatches L-R:Navajo, Gray Denim ,Pink Granite, Dark Rinse
It also contains Pink Rose blush (matte medium rose pink). Two creamy lip colours, Cool Rose (sheer neutral pink with a slight sparkle) Indie Rose (medium rose/raspberry).
Lastly there are two very liquidity glosses in Iced Lilac (clear base with subtle lilac/silver glitter) Hot Rose (sheer fuchsia pink) both glosses are somewhat tacky/sticky.
Swatches L-R: Pink Rose,Cool Rose,Indie Rose,Iced Lilac,Hot Rose.

Ingredients (please click to enlarge)
I have one problem with this palette, Gray Denim eye shadow. It applies really uneven and is very difficult to blend, I think where it not for my Edward Bess eye brush, which can blend anything, this would not be wearable for me.
Overall I am not disappointed I bought this as I can use it as I intended (for travel) it’s just the quality of the Gray Denim shadow is a major let down.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is too bad the sales assistant was not more helpful--how frustrating! Sometimes I order online just so I don't have to deal with the SA's! (Although there are a few good ones at my local Nordstrom). I just got this palette too and look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up to now I still can't understand why they're called "assistants" as some SAs can be pain in the butt! :)
    Love the denim packaging.
    I travel quite a bit but I prefer to bring a little selection of my favourite products as I don't always like everything in travel palettes. Having said that, my relatives love YSL, Dior, and Lancome travel palettes, especially those you can buy at airport (duty-free special editions).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makeup Magpie,
    I tend to do the bulk of my makeup buying online as well. I'll be interested to know if you have the same problem with the Gray Denim eyeshadow I had.

    Hello Music,
    I tend to forget about those duty free ones,some of the Chanel/Dior ones look quite nice. I think I have so many favourites I can never narrow it down :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin