Saturday 1 May 2010

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sketches On Water Tinted Moisturiser

I’ve never had much luck with tinted moisturisers, they seem to either provide no coverage, break me out or are too oily/slippery.
Although I have had great success with the RBR range I did wonder after I ordered the Sketches On Water Tinted Moisturiser if I would regret it. After one use I was sold.
I got the lightest shade, Adansonia, to be honest it is a tad too dark for me but the sheerness of the product makes its wearable and it’s worth it for the results. Adansonia does not have any overly pink or yellow tones; it just looks like a beige skin colour. I think if you are a MAC NC/NW 15-20 this will be a good match.
Swatch below:dabbed on and then blended in.
At the time I bought this I had been suffering from a heavy cold and had the dreaded dry/flakiness around my nose, nothing worked (even using a muslin cloth and a heavy balm) however this tinted moisturiser when on like a dream, I was extremely surprised no flaky/dry areas showed through. No matter the condition of my skin this goes on with a beautiful seamless your skin but better finish, I think the actual moisturiser within this product must be really good to be able to work with my skin.
Texture wise its quite thick, but once on it feels really lightweight and has no oiliness to it at all; I think this would suit quite a variant of skin types. It provides a very light coverage, you still see your skin but it looks clearer and in better condition that it actually is.
I think the only deterrent is going to be the price, its costs £47 and other than a Chantecaille foundation I once had this is my most expensive foundation. I’m at the point now that unless its really ridiculously priced if a product gives great results then I’ll pay more than I normally would and cut down on spending money on other things.
I think if your interested in this it might be worth contacting Zuneta to see if you can get a sample first due to the price and the colour range (only 3 shades) so if you are lighter than me or quite dark you may not have a match but I am hoping that RBR will add a few more shades to this.

I bought this from http://www.zuneta.com/

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, it sounds like fabulous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ModestyBrown,

    Thanks, its the first tinted moisturiser that has ever worked for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like good stuff, but it sounds like it would be far too dark for me. I've had great results with my Avon tinted moisturiser colour and coverage wise but oddly it doesn't actually make my skin feel very moisturised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lillian,

    Yes, too dark for you, but keep your eye out if they do expand the shade range as its such a nice formula.
    I haven't bought Avon for years, my nan use to be an Avon lady so we would get stuff when I was younger, although I hear the range has much improved now.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin