Friday 2 April 2010

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight and Brushes

I have read a lot of rave reviews for the Celestial Powder in Candlelight (£30) and I’m pleased to say it lives up to the claims. It’s a champagne highlighter, I find it quite pigmented so apply it sparingly. Where it differs from the majority of highlighters is the finish is one of a glow/illuminator rather than full on glitter/shimmer. The powder feels very smooth and this lasts till the end of the day.

I also bought the Super Soft Buff Powder Brush (£34) and the Small Eyeshadow Flat Tipped Brush (£20).
The Super Soft Buff Powder Brush is a very densely packed flat end brush. I tried using this for blush but it picks up way too much colour, instead I have found this great for applying liquid foundation when you want a full coverage look, it blends it in perfectly without any streakiness and due to its size its super quick. Heres a close up of the head,
The Small Eyeshadow Flat Tipped Brush has a slightly tapered head and again is quite densely packed. I think its best used when you want to apply a more pigmented layer to the crease. I find its better for applying colour rather than blending. Overall both brushes are not the softest I have but nor are they scratchy, the buff one does feel quite firm on the skin though. The brushes also do not shed at all. Of the two I prefer the Super Soft Buff Powder as I don’t have another brush like it and it gives an almost flawless finish.

I buy all my Kevyn Aucoin from misebeauty (they do ship international) and I have always been pleased with the service I have received from them.

http://www.misebeauty.com/

4 comments:

  1. Kevyn Aucoin is one of those ranges that I keep meaning to try, but don't. I keep going back to misebeauty to have a look so I think I might cave soon. I really like the look of that powder/foundation brush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glamoured,
    I know what you mean,there's quite a few brands I keep meaning to try.I want to try that Addition brand next. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look lovely. How do you think this compares to the Becca PSPs, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace,
    I don't think I have tried the Becca PSP's before, sure they had some ingredients in them I usually avoid. I've not tried a highlighter like it before that I can think of as the finish seems quite different,sorry thats not much help really.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin