Sunday 17 January 2010

Paul & Joe: First Impressions Part 2

Moving on to part 2 of my first foray into Paul & Joe, I got face powder in shade Re-Belle #15 (£15).One side is a rose pink,the other a peach.whilst both sides have some shimmer it’s a lot more noticeable in the peach shade and shows up as silver sparkle.
Once on the skin though I didn’t find it that obvious and I think it gives the colour a real vibrant glow.I'm very pale and although it gives me a nice flushed look I think some may find this particular shade too sheer. The texture although smooth is not the most silky I have tried but I did find this very long wearing. I like the combo of having two shades in the same compact, but good luck trying to use just the rose shade on its own, I just swirl both together.

I got Pearl Powder in shade Silhouette #03 (I got this on sale for £9 on Zuneta but they cost £15 normally), this has a very finely milled and silky texture. The colour, a complex very shimmery brown, sometimes looks almost taupe other times it shows golden tones.
Although there is initial fall out, once on it stays on and lasts all day. My only gripe is the pigmentation, used dry I cannot get the colour as swatched, what I get its nevertheless pretty even though its very subdued and a lot less sparkly. If you want to get close to the colour you see in the pot I think you really need to use a cream base so it has something to grab onto. Just a note that I don’t think the pot it comes in is as user friendly as the Rouge Bunny Rouge or Illamasqua loose powders.

My last item is the Under Eye Concealer - Creme #01 (£15). The weather has been rather bitter and my skin has been getting really dry, as a result of this I noticed that my normal full coverage eye concealer was looking a bit crepey. My first mistake was instead of getting a more moisture intense eyecream I decided to buy another concealer, my second mistake was to buy something that I had no idea what the colour selection would be like and had read no reviews on.....
This is not to say its a bad concealer, its texture is quite good, its got a silicone feel to it but this enables it to go on smooth and it doesn’t settle into lines. Unfortunately it does not give me enough coverage, I'd say its light-to medium at best and as you can see from below its rather dark ! Unless I have grossly misunderstood Paul & Joe's colour system and 01 is not the lightest shade, I am actually surprised how dark this is. On the left I've splotched it on, on the right I have tried to blend it in.

The concealer and face colour I bought from Beautybay.com, this was my first time ordering from their site and I have no complaints, it was packaged really well and came really quickly. So, apart from the concealer, which is my own fault as I should have researched it first, I am pleased with all my Paul & Joe I have bought thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin