Friday 15 January 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Classic Flawless Finish Loose Powder


I seem to have been on the quest for the perfect powder for ages. I have dry skin but get shiny on the T-Zone, added to this I have acne prone, sensitive skin. Its usually the case that they either highlight my dry areas or irritate my skin (Laura Mercier highly rated loose powder actually gave me a major skin rash, came up in bumps all over). The one that had previously worked best for me was Armani’s luminous silk powder; however now I have tried Le Metier my Armani doesn’t get a look in.
The powder is very finely milled and feels really silky. It does not accentuate my dry areas at all yet gets rid of my shine break through, it imparts a slight bit of colour to the skin so it evens my skin tone slightly. I am actually surprised that this caused my skin no problems, as I was a bit hesitant about the Bismuth Oxychloride in it.

Here are the Ingredients: mica CI 77019,Iron Oxides CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499,Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163,Titanium Dioxide CI 77891,[+/- (may contain):Ultramarines CI 77007]

The powder is Talc and Paraben Free

Now onto the shades, I got shade #1 and shade #3. They only offer three. Shade #1 is perfect for me and I would think would suit between a MAC NC/NW 10-20. Shade #3 is quite a warm colour, obviously too dark for me, I did try it as a bronzer/blusher but it was still a bit too much so have given this to my mother who is about 2 shades darker than me. I am not sure how well this would work if you have really dark skin? Neither shade seems to have any strange sparkles (I’m looking at you Armani mico-fil loose powder shade #0).
Swatches below, I have dabbed it on so hopefully you can see the colour better.
For those of you with oily skin I’m not sure how well this would hold up, and this doesn't give a lot of coverage like some powders can, but for me its pretty much perfect and apart from the price (which I imagine is rather high) I don’t have anything negative to say about this.

Disclaimer: These were sent to me for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin