Sunday 27 December 2009

Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance and Lip Creme Lipgloss

I was recently sent quite a lot of items from a nice lady from the UK PR for Le Metier de Beaute.I was actually floored by how much was sent and am overwhelmed by the generosity. I also received quite a lot of Le Metier as Christmas presents so I will clearly mark which items were sent to me for free.

Ibiza Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss (£22) is a warm peachy pink with lots of shimmer.
Bali Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss is a warm shimmery red.
Bondi Beach Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss, is a neutral browned rose.
The Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss provide a sheer wash of colour (but enough to show up) and glossy finish. The texture is very lightweight and not sticky or tacky.

Peche Lip Creme Lipgloss (£25) is a really glossy peach with a slight golden shimmer (far left in the picture above). This shade seems to make my lips look a lot fuller. The lip crème’s seem to be a more pigmented formula of gloss compared to the Sheer Brilliance ones. All the glosses have a doe foot applicator.
Swatches L-R, Peche,Ibiza,Bondi Beach,Bali

I am not normally a lip gloss fan but these ones really work for me and hopefully Liberty’s will add some more shades to their online site. I think it you dislike the normal heavy feel and tacky sticky texture of most glosses then you should definitely check these out. Out of all the lipglosses I have tired the only other ones with no sticky/tackiness are Hourglass, although they have a “wetter” feel to them.

Disclaimer: Bali and Bondi Beach Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss were sent to me for free.

11 comments:

  1. Mmm I think these look really nice. I am a lipgloss girl so may have to give these a whirl. Expensive though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please dont tempt me lol.. i love the look of these. I think its partly because the packaging is simple yet chic and the colors look so glossy even in the tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addicted to this line now. You should have seen my eyes light up when I saw you had written a new post on them. haha. I order mine online from Neiman Marcus in USA... Great brand. but expensive. But i cannot stop buying. Nice blog btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,
    I do think they are worth it, they are pricey though, although saying that probably on par with my other main brands :)

    Hi Tali,
    I know what you mean about the packaging, I can see myself ending up with quite a collection of these.

    Hi AfricanOrchid,
    Thanks, I have some eyeshadows,lipsticks,nail varnish and loose powder as well so will be doing posts on them shortly. I really want to get one of their Kaleidoscope Kits, do you have any ?
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you lucky lucky girl!! Lots of envy over here! I like the look of Bali, Peche and Ibiza, not so keen on Bondi Beach (though I wish I was there right now :)!), as I think it might make me look a bit...flat, if a lipgloss can do that! Can't wait to see the rest of what you got!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha. As i am typing this comment I was looking online at NeimanMarcus.com at which kaleidoscope i will acquire first. of course i want more than one. hmm decisions, decisions. It will be my first kaleidoscope purchase. I also want to try their face powder and perhaps a foundation. :-) The addiction continues....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna,
    I think Bondi Beach is probably my favourite funnily enough, they are really glossy so don't look flat, probably shouldn't be encouraging you though.. :)

    Hi AfricanOrchid,
    Let me know if you get one. I can recommend the loose powder,its the best I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I have ordered two kaleidoscopes . The Hypnotique for eyes and the Autumn Embers for lips. I should be getting them very soon in the mail. Will try them out and let you know the results. I can't wait. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi AfricanOrchid,

    I'd love to know what you think of them, they look so pretty from the online pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got two kaleidoscopes for eyes and one for lips. I am loving them all. The eyeshadows are nicely milled and smooth and have great pigment for wonderful color payoff. These colors are meant to be used together blended. So far i have only used 3 colors at once. still experimenting. I highly recommend the Hypnotique one for eyes and Autumn Embers for lips. I also got the liquid foundation which i am still trying out. so far so good. and more lip gloss and lip cremes in various colors. Monaco, Papaya Creme, Ibiza. This whole line is just great to me. Can't you tell? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi AfricanOrchid,
    That sounds great, do you happen to have a site anywhere or post pictures on any of the makeup boards ?
    I bought shadow in Blue steel recently which I really like, I'll post about it soon. I think I am going to have to do a phone order and get my hands of some of those kaleidoscopes x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin