Thursday 1 October 2009

Le Métier de Beauté

I got two Le Métier de Beauté eyeshadows recently (£21 each) as I noticed that Liberty had started stocking the brand. I got eyeshadows in Clay (neutral beige with a slight sheen) and Naked (cream base shade). Clay is great for a natural nude look, I tried this type of colour several times (from brands such as Bobbi brown) and everytime they either end up muddy or too warm, this is perfect for me, it has no strange undertones and applies exactly as it looks in the pan. Naked is your typical off white base shade, neutral rather than cool or warm, there is no chalkiness here.
Texture wise they are quite soft, blend really well, have very good pigmentation ( I didn't need to layer to get the colour to apply the same as in the pan) and they well wear throughout the day. Whilst I don't have anything negative to say about these, the shade range ( that is available on Liberty) whilst it offers good basics is nothing exciting so I don't think I will be rushing out to get any particular shade anything soon.

I also got the Tinted moisturiser as part of the Liberty GWP. This retails for £50 and is not meant for someone with skin like me but I had to try it ! As you can see shade #1 is too dark for me, the swatch shows it before and after being blended in. I would say it has a warm tone to it.

Texture wise its quite creamy but not heavy at all, it provides VERY minimal coverage as expected for this type of product but it does give a nice healthiness to the skin without an obvious sheen. It works quite well as a makeup base as well if you skin is a bit lacklustre and dry. As this is not something that I would get much use out of ( I need coverage) I gave this to my Mum who has clear skin, she will be able to get away with this shade ( she is about a MAC NW20/25).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin