Wednesday 28 October 2009

Bamford Haircare


As part of a Liberty GWP I received small versions of Bamford Botanic Geranium Shampoo and Conditioner. I have never heard of this brand before but have since checked online and they are a high-end clothing company by the looks of it, which has branched out to produce a Bath/Hair/Body range.
The products are meant to use the” finest natural and organic ingredients with no nasty chemicals”, “made from “100% natural essential oils and plant extracts”

My hair type is dry but can get oily at the roots, I have lots of broken hair and its also damaged due to daily straitening. I have a very sensitive scalp so usually opt for sulphate free haircare if possible (the Bamford shampoo is NOT sulphate free).

The shampoo, gives a really nice shine, I wash my hair everyday so the shine suits me but for those prone to oily/greasy hair I could see this being too much. I would not buy this for the simple reason that it made my head a bit itchy after use.
The conditioner texture almost feels like a moisturiser, not fine or thick but its definitely creamy. Its not heavy duty so if you hair is quite damaged then this is not for you but it is a great detangler and I would buy this in the warmer months when my hair seems to be less damaged.

Both retail for £16.00 each, for a 250 ml bottle. They have their own site and are also on Liberty.co.uk and beautique.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elise and Mizzworthy,
    Thanks, I've not seen much about this brand so didn't know if people would be interested or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to read that, thanks! the only coverage I have seen of that brand before is Lady Bamford in her organic garden in Wiltshire or somewhere! It's frightfully posh! Apparantly they have a gorgeous spa too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    Ooh that does sound posh :) I'll be interested to see how well they do, there seems to have been a sudden surge in the organic cosmetic market lately.Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin