Tuesday 25 August 2009

Illamasqua lip palette review

I thought I’d review the colours and post swatches of my lip palette featured in my “more Illamasqua” post.
First off, I will say that as soon as I opened it I knew I hadn’t made the best choices, 'Plunge' is a true bright cool toned bubblegum pink, 'Welt' is a bold fuchsia, 'Test' is a dusty pinky brown (perhaps the safest colour to order unseen) and 'Submit' is a true beige nude (no pink/peach undertones here). For me 'Plunge' and 'Welt' are too much for my complexion but I do really like 'Test' and 'Submit'. All these shades are Matte.
In terms of texture Illamasqua aren’t kidding when they say they are pigmented, they also last really well; the only thing is they are not a moisturising lipstick so if you do suffer from dry lips you would definitely need to wear a balm underneath I think.
The palette itself is a bit bulky but the mirror is a nice inclusion and if you can't decide what lipstick to choose its a good option. I think there is talk that they are getting rid of the powder eyeshadow palette so hopefully this won't include the other ones they offer.
Swatches L-R: Plunge,Welt,Test,Submit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin